Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sunday

I woke up today and did what I have done most Sunday's since decided that the church scene is no longer for me. I slept in, got up an walked to buy something to eat, got my coffee and paper and walked back. I then read my paper, watched the Sunday morning political shows, ate my sandwiches, drank my coffee and commented on my two favorite blogs.

As I was walking up the long hill back toward my house, I just had a happiness come over me. I am living in a neighborhood I love and am beginning to feel like I want to be a part of, working at a job I like though I get bored at times, and have a definite idea what I want to do with the next 5 years of my life in fairly good detail. I was truly thankful in my heart.

Then I sat back and had a productive day. I actually thought and conversed(electronically) about things that made me think. I saw an article in the paper that trully inspired me. In short, I realized that I was not missing anything by not going to church. In fact, I think I finally realized that the community I crave will be found in the local bar. It is high end and I feel out of place at times. But it is the scene I think I was born to work in. It just took me 25 years to get back on track.

Yes, one more confirmation that Sunday Church is a waste of time for me. I enjoyed myself today.

No comments: